This document outlines the terms, policies, and conditions related to privacy of your data and information on http://gift-tips.com. The document includes the following sections:
- Data Collection
- Data Use and Disclosure
- Data Security
- Third Party and External Links
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
- Your Consent
Gift-Tips.com ("Us" or "We") does collect information from you. But, we do so in a manner that is fair, legal, and transparent. The following list enumerates the information types or forms that we collect so that you can access the site or avail of its services:
- date and time of access;
- your IP address;
- the browser and operating system you are using;
- referrer URL of the page you are accessing;
- the URL you are accessing;
- “whether your request was successful”; and
- additional personal information (e.g., real name, address, telephone numbers, etc.) that you provide through such means as HTML forms.
We log the information automatically on our web server. This is actually standard operating procedure in almost all web sites. This information may or may not be enough to identify who you are, except for personally identifiable information that you voluntarily submit to us for purposes of site registration, newsletter subscription, participation in surveys and promotions, or access to restricted sections of the site. Submitting such personally identifiable information is not required for anonymous site visits.
Data Use and Disclosure
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
We will disclose your data only under the following conditions:
- upon your request;
- with your permission;
- when required by law; or
- when permitted by law.
We will never sell, exchange, trade, transfer, or give to any other entity or company your personally identifiable information, whether public or private, for any reason without your consent. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We store your information securely and protect it from unauthorized access, alteration, or deletion. We transmit your information, in instances when the need to do so arises, in a manner that will keep your information safe from unauthorized access, alteration, or deletion.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly.
Third-Party and External Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
In compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older.
See also our Site Terms and Conditions of Use.